The purpose of the code of conduct is to:
- Encourage responsible use of the park for exercise whilst adhering to social distancing requirements.
- Avoid conflict between those undertaking fitness activities in the park and other park users.
Rules and guidance
- Please be patient and give each other space when entering or exiting through park gates
- Try to exercise in the mornings or late evenings when the park is at its quietest
- The park is not a gym. Please do not use benches, tables, trees, lamp posts, monuments (or the gravestones in Brompton Cemetery) as gym equipment
- Do not bring large items of fitness equipment to the park - keep it to handheld sized equipment e.g. yoga mat, kettle bells or resistance bands
- Walk, don’t run, on busyish paths. There are many paths in our parks so please try to run on the quiet ones
- Don’t cycle in groups - ride solo and ensure you allow an appropriate space when passing other park users and when waiting at traffic lights.
To keep everybody safe and happy, please don’t:
- Exercise in gardens or formal areas. Please find some open parkland and leave these areas for those who want to enjoy some quiet space
- Play amplified music
- Fix anything to trees, lamp posts, benches, fences or any other structures.