This winter we are challenging you to redesign your school’s outdoor space to become a more invertebrate-happy habitat. We want you to use your imagination to conjure up the finest, most bugtastic home possible to enter into our competition.
Winning schools will see your ideas brought to life, so get your thinking caps on and start designing!
- Use our slides (PDF 2467.23 KB) and notes (PDF 367.12 KB) to introduce the world of invertebrates to your class
- Survey your school grounds using our survey sheet (PDF 417.63 KB).
- Choose an area of your school grounds to transform
- Read our tips on gardening for invertebrates (PDF 970.05 KB)
What do I need to do?
- Outline how your design will invite invertebrates into your school grounds.
- Tell us what materials you would use for the project. The more eco-friendly, the better!
- Be as creative and inventive with your design as you like. Think outside the box!
- No outdoor space is too small – design something to suit the space that you have.
Who can enter?
- Entries are welcomed from all non-fee paying primary, secondary and special educational needs and disability (SEND) schools in Greater London.
- Only one entry per school is permitted.
- There is no charge for entering.
What can I win?
There are three prizes to be won as follows in each category (primary, secondary and SEND schools):
- 1st prize: Your design brought to life, plus one school workshop and one session in your local Royal Park.
- 2nd prize: Invertebrate hotel.
- 3rd prize: Window box with invertebrate-friendly plants.
All prize winners will receive a certificate.
How to enter
What we need from you:
- A description of your area (max 200 words)
- Dimensions of your area
- A current photo of your area
- A description of your design (max 400 words)
- Your annotated design (a single document)
Designs must be submitted by Monday 5 March 2018 at 12 noon.
Please have a read through our FAQs (PDF 232.88 KB).
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.