You must read these terms and conditions before entering.
The competition is being run by The Royal Parks. The winners will be chosen by individual judges and The Royal Parks and the judges' decision is final. The four category winners and an additional overall winner will receive prizes.
For a chance to win, The Royal Parks invites you to submit an original photo based on the criteria specified in the guidelines below. Your entry will be displayed in an image gallery once submitted and approved, and will be part of a public vote on Facebook. The results of the public vote will form the shortlist of photos to be considered by the judges.
- To enter, you must be at least 18 years of age.
- Photo entries must be submitted via the Facebook page or through this website via the online entry form.
- You may enter a maximum of one photo per category. Photo categories are: Nature, History and heritage, Events, and People.
- All entries must have consent from people identifiable in the photo. We can't accept photos with children without signed consent from the adult responsible for them.
- Photos can be taken on any photographic device but original files must be no smaller than 4MB.
- Obviously filtered and overly processed/manipulated images will not be allowed. Basic cropping, adjusting of light, contrast and sharpness is acceptable.
- We will ask you for a higher resolution if your photo is shortlisted.
- All photography must be of or taken in one of the eight Royal Parks, Victoria Tower Gardens, Grosvenor Square or Brompton cemetery. The parks are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent’s Park, Greenwich Park. Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
- Entries that we judge to be lewd, inappropriate or promote inappropriate behaviour will be disqualified and won't be added to the public vote.
- Photographers maintain the copyright to any photos submitted and grant The Royal Parks a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any of their publications, websites, social media and/or in any promotional material relating to the Royal Parks.
- Photographers grant The Royal Parks the right to use your name for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
- English law will apply.
Entries submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
By entering the competition you agree to the above terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about this competition, please email email@example.com.
We need consent from any people identifiable in the photo and we will be in touch to see consent forms for any photos featuring children before allowing them to appear in the public vote.
You can download consent forms for adults and children (anyone under the age of 18):