We offer work experience opportunities at The LookOut, Hyde Park for students who have an interest in outdoor and environmental education.
On a typical placement you'll get involved with the following activities:
- Preparing resources for education sessions
- Setting up classrooms and outdoor spaces ready to receive a school group
- Supporting school pupils of all ages as they complete activities both inside and outside the classroom
- Supporting the delivery of activities such as pond dipping, minibeast hunting, meadow studies, art and craft, weather studies, gardening and outdoor games
- Cleaning and clearing away equipment at the end of sessions
- Other administrative tasks that help support the work of The Royal Parks
One week placements are available from February to August 2017 and are open to the following groups:
- Pupils aged 14-16 looking to complete statutory work experience and who show an interest in a future career in science or environmental studies.
- Pupils aged 16-18 who are completing qualifications in science, environmental studies or education.
- Students aged 18+ who are looking to gain experience in outdoor and environmental education.
To apply for a placement, please send a cover letter (no more than one page) and CV to Laura McMahon at LMcMahon@royalparks.org.uk.
If you prefer to contact us by post, please send a cover letter (no more than one page) and CV to:Laura McMahon
The LookOut, Hyde Park
C/O The Old Police House
In all correspondence, please include your:
- E-mail and home address
- Mobile number
- Landline number (if available)
- School year
- Preferred dates for your placement
Places are limited and are offered based on the strength of the application and the suitability of the applicant. If you have any questions, please contact us on 020 7036 8040.