Businesses like yours help keep the Royal Parks beautiful and bursting with life every day. Last year 587 amazing corporate volunteers from fourteen companies spent 28 days helping out in the parks.
They managed meadows in Kensington Gardens, planted bulbs in The Regent's Park and cleared rhododendron in Richmond Park – to name a few!
Why we need your help
It costs £36m a year to run the eight Royal Parks, so that they can remain open for our 77 million visits each year. With limited funds we rely on the valuable time and energy devoted by teams of volunteers to make improvements to the parks possible that otherwise could not happen!
Opportunities in the Royal Parks
We offer a wide range of corporate volunteering activities on our Park Days, you can get your hands dirty planting bulbs, have a go at building a bird box, or help us to manage one of our beautiful meadows – the list goes on! And with eight Royal Parks stretching across London there's likely to be one just a stone’s throw from your office.
We can host groups of between 8 – 40 individuals, for either half a day or a full day, and no prior experience is needed to participate.
Benefits for you and your employees
- Improve employee health and wellbeing
- Get staff out from behind their desks, giving them a chance to breathe
- Encourage team work and relationship building
- Enhance staff retention rates by building employee morale and loyalty
- Opportunity to give something back to your local environment
- Enjoyment of a rewarding day in an inspirational setting
- Demonstrate your company’s CSR commitment and values
We ask companies for a pledge of approximately £85 per volunteer (+VAT) to host the Park Day and support The Royal Parks Charity.
If you would like to find out more about our Park Days, please fill out our corporate volunteering enquiry form or get in touch with Emma, our Volunteer Officer, on 0300 061 2294.