This opportunity will involve:
- Grave clearance, tidying graves, moving debris after clearance to Western wall of cemetery.
- Cutting shoots on trees along central avenue, come back quite quickly, every 2-3 months
- Trim trees to prevent hiding spaces
- Working with corporate volunteers and horticultural apprentices
- Opportunities for some planting
This volunteer placement is not a training opportunity, does not lead to career development and there is no paid work.
Experience / qualifications / attributes:
- Knowledge of basic garden maintenance is required
- Volunteers have to be self-sufficient and able to work on their own, since there is only minimal supervision
- Volunteers will need to be good communicators.
- Volunteers must adhere to TRP processes
- Able to fill out daily works records of tasks carried out.
- Willingness to use and learn hand tools such as digging spades and secateurs.
- Availability to be contacted via mobile phone and/or landlines, email use is an advantage as a means of communication
Volunteers will develop skills in:
- community education
- wildlife conservation
- habitat management
If you are interested, then contact, in the first instance, Halima Khanom email@example.com, Partnerships and Community Engagement Officer, who will discuss what he can offer in a bit more detail.