We're looking for learning volunteers to expand our team at The LookOut, Hyde Park as we prepare for the busy school terms ahead.
Our learning volunteers carry out a range of interesting activities, contributing to the smooth-running and effectiveness of both school sessions and more informal learning opportunities during the school holidays.
The LookOut is a unique, eco-friendly building nestled in an acre of enclosed grounds in the heart of the park. We welcome people of all ages, abilities and communities to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and learn about the natural world.
Our purpose built gardens and indoor spaces are practical all year round, whatever the weather, and our two bright and airy ‘discovery’ classrooms can host up to 30 students each.
- No previous teaching experience is required, although some experience of working with children is an advantage.
- Energy and enthusiasm for the natural world are more important.
- As you'll be working with children, an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check is required and will be undertaken on application.
- Volunteers must be willing to adhere to Health & Safety and Child Safeguarding guidelines at all times.
- Volunteers must be over the age of 16.
We're really grateful for whatever time you can give, whether it's a few hours a month or two days a week.
School sessions run from 10am-12pm and 1-3pm.
A full volunteer day runs from 9.30am to about 4pm with a break for lunch, but some volunteers prefer to help for half a day.
Please fill in our learning volunteering form if you're interested in joining our team.