Our sole priority at the moment is to keep the parks open and safe for as long as possible, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure this is the case. We want to say a huge thank you to everyone for their support and for following the rules on social distancing.
We are anticipating that more people will come to the parks this weekend as the weather heats up, particularly on Sunday which is set to be hot and sunny. We understand that people will want to enjoy the sunshine but it is so important that people stay local and stick to Government guidelines on social distancing by staying 2m apart from others, exercising alone or with others from their household, and not gathering in groups. Dogs must be kept under control at all times in London’s Royal Parks and other open spaces we manage. We strongly advise dogs on leads at this time to support government social distancing guidelines.
We know how crucial it is for people’s physical and mental wellbeing to be able to have access to these valuable green spaces, and if we all work together we can keep them open for everyone to enjoy at this difficult time.
Park facilities and services
We are closely monitoring Government advice on COVID-19 and are following the advice of Public Health England. We’re taking all appropriate measures to keep our visitors safe and healthy during this time so please see below for the latest changes to our park services and facilities:
- To maintain staffing levels during the crisis we have implemented the following revisions to park closing times from Sunday 29th March: Hyde Park will now close at 10pm. Kensington Gardens, Brompton Cemetery and Greenwich Park will close at 7pm
- Dogs must be kept under control in all of London's eight Royal Parks and including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. We strongly advise dogs on leads at this time to support government social distancing guidelines.
- All playgrounds are now closed until further notice
- Joggers using Brompton Cemetery for their daily exercise must stick to the main avenue and stay off of the paths on either side of the cemetery, as these are too narrow to stay a safe 2m+ from other visitors. Please exercise alone or with members of your household. These are rules, not requests. Please work together to keep the cemetery open for everyone who needs it.
- All fitness training licences – both for personal fitness trainers and those who run group sessions - have been suspended. Instructors will be offered an extension to their licences to cover the amount of time these measures are in force
- The Hub in Regent's Park will be closed until further notice. All sports bookings (including school bookings) will be cancelled and refunded with immediate effect until the end of May, when we will review the situation. No additional bookings will be taken until further notice
infoClick for more information - The Hub, Regents Park
Weekend closure of The Hub
Due to the restrictions imposed by the coronavirus on staff resources, we have taken the difficult decision to close The Hub until further notice.
Cancellation of bookings at The Hub
To prevent the spread of the coronavirus through social contact in a busy space, we are cancelling and refunding all bookings for sports activities at The Hub, including school bookings, until the end of May, in response to Government and Public Health England guidelines.
We aren’t taking any further bookings until further notice.
Although The Hub will be closed, the wider landscape across the Royal Parks remains open for visitors to enjoy spending time in nature and for sports, relaxation and recreation. Staying fit and well is particularly important at the moment and we encourage people to come to the Parks to boost their physical and mental wellbeing. Please remember to follow the Government’s advice on social distancing to prevent the disease spreading.
For any booking queries please contact 0300 061 2324 or email email@example.com
- All cafés and kiosks in the parks are now closed until further notice
- In line with other precautions taken across the park the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain has been switched off and closed to the public
- All park roads through Richmond Park, Bushy Park and Greenwich Park are now closed to motor vehicles
- All public parking in Regent's Inner Circle and Chester Road will be suspended from today (7th April).
- Cycling in Richmond Park will be suspended until further notice from Saturday 28th March to support the government's social distancing guidelines to stay two metres apart from others. This measure is designed to prevent crowds at park gates, which have recently become congested with visitors taking their daily exercise.
NHS workers with their staff passes and key workers approved by the Government (see list here) going directly to or returning from their place of work can also cycle through the Richmond Park upon presenting documentation from their employers. Those aged 12 years and under can also continue to cycle in the park.
You can read our official press release here
- In light of the Government's advice regarding social distancing, all designated car parks across our parks are now only open for key workers who have been approved and issued with a parking permit, with priority given to NHS staff working nearby.
NHS staff who require a permit should ask the hospital they work for to request one on their behalf by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All visitor centres and The LookOut education centre in Hyde Park are now temporarily closed
- All learning and education programmes, community programmes and volunteer activities have been cancelled with immediate effect until the end of April, when we will review the situation. This includes all activities for school groups delivered by The Royal Parks and our partners
- All small events booked to take place in a Royal Park between now and 30th April will be cancelled. Event organisers will be entitled to a full refund of the event fee or will be able to defer the event to 2021. The Royal Parks is not taking any future bookings for small events at this time
- All filming and photography shoots scheduled to take place in a Royal Park between now and 30th April will be cancelled. Organisers will be entitled to a full refund of the fee or will be able to defer the shoot to 2021
- All public toilets within our parks are now closed until further notice
- All park offices are now closed to the public until further notice
- All tennis courts are now closed for bookings until further notice and courts will be physically locked
- As of Tuesday 24th March the Serpentine Swimming Club will be closed for the foreseeable future, and nobody should be swimming in the lake from this date onwards
- The Isabella Plantation and Pembroke Lodge Gardens in Richmond Park are closed until further notice.