We are committed to encouraging students to learn outside the classroom. As part of this commitment we offer continuing professional development sessions to teachers, to help you enhance and develop the skills you need to engage young people with the nature, culture and heritage that surrounds them.
Sessions for 2017-18
Numeracy and literacy in nature and heritage: how to plan inspirational learning in an urban park
Friday 3 November 2017, 10am-4.30pm
Join us for an inspiring hands-on day of activities delivered by The Royal Parks learning team, our partners Muddy Puddles and other experienced outdoor educators to:
- Explore how and why to take numeracy out of the classroom
- Take part in outdoor literacy activities, taking inspiration from the varied environment of Hyde Park
- Gather tips and tricks from The Royal Parks learning team and build your own creative ideas in a supportive environment
- Hear real experiences of taking learning outdoors and meet experienced teachers
- Develop techniques for managing behaviour and using IT outdoors
This course is aimed at KS1 and KS2 teachers. A complimentary buffet lunch will be provided. Cost per teacher: £98+VAT.
In partnership with
Friday 22 June 2018, time to be confirmed
Meet other like-minded teachers, share ideas and try out bite-sized learning activities at The LookOut, our idyllic education centre in the middle of Hyde Park. This will be a relaxed evening with a well-earned glass of wine and nibbles, and will leave you with a refreshed range of ideas for the next academic year.
This is a twilight event (exact timings to be confirmed). Cost per teacher: £18+VAT.
Limited offer: become a Royal Parks-associated school
As an associated school you will:
- Attend our Numeracy and literature in nature and heritage CPD day in November and our networking evening in Hyde Park in June, with the option to book up to three further teachers on at a 15% discount each
- Bring a group of your students for a full day hands-on learning session at The LookOut, Hyde Park in the spring term (worth £175+VAT)
- Receive a 15% discount on any further school group bookings throughout the academic year
- Be the first to hear about opportunities for free sessions (for example funded projects or session pilots)
All for the discounted price of £250+VAT, a saving of £41. This offer is subject to terms and conditions.
To book by invoice
If you'd like more information, or to book and pay by invoice, just drop us a line on 0300 061 2286 or email email@example.com.