This major new project will conserve and enhance the garden cemetery’s unique character, protect local wildlife, and improve this valuable open space for the local community and visitors to enjoy.
The project has already been awarded £4.5million from the Heritage Lottery and Big Lottery funds under their ‘Parks for People’ programme, but we now need to raise a further £500,000 to enable work to start.
The conservation project involves:
- Redeveloping the North Lodge with information centre, shop, WCs and cafe
- Restoring the chapel, central colonnades and catacombs
- Conserving the historic landscape, buildings and monuments
- Wildlife conservation to maintain and improve existing habitats, ecology and biodiversity
- Community engagement and access improvements
- Volunteers helping to conserve and interpret the cemetery
- Financial sustainability with enhanced visitor facilities and funerary business
How you can help
There are lots of ways you can support our Brompton Cemetery Appeal. Whatever you can give, whether it be £20, £50, £100 or more, your gift will and help restore and conserve the heritage of this iconic site and ensure it can continue to be enjoyed by a wide range of visitors and wildlife.
- Donate now: make a donation to the campaign today on Virgin Money Giving.
- Dedicate a bench: celebrate the life of a loved one by dedicating a bench in Brompton Cemetery. For further information please contact Maggie at email@example.com.
- Make a significant gift: to make a significant gift to Brompton Cemetery please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak to someone about supporting the appeal please call 020 7036 8040.
To keep up to date with project developments or to volunteer at Brompton Cemetery contact:
Phone: 0300 061 2000
The Royal Parks Brompton Cemetery Chapel