As summer takes its last breath and winter is fast approaching, why not enjoy some activities amongst the beautiful colours of autumn in Hyde Park.
Discover how nature can improve your mood with sensory meditation
Use your senses amongst nature to explore mindful interaction and posed thoughts with sensory meditation, improving your mood and general wellbeing. Discover the abundant wildlife and plants, allowing nature to surround you whilst learning techniques such as walking with awareness and sit spots meditation.
Learn the art of mindfulness
As our lives become more busy and hectic, ensuring we de-stress and rejuvenate is increasingly important for our happiness and wellbeing. Learn to slow down, stop and enjoy the moment through the art of mindfulness with Yeotown founder, expert yoga teacher and positive psychology coach Mercedes Sieff.
Come along and enjoy an interactive and engaging session, teaching you various easy mindful techniques to use anytime, anywhere.
Learn the unique skill of nettle string crafting
Not only can you make soup with this plant, but you can create string for use in such things as gardening and camping, or to even make jewellery! Learn how to harvest nettles safely and cosy up around a campfire to see how to make your own string from them. This is a unique and fun bush craft skill to learn and one not to be missed!
A day out for your little Nature Explorer
Leave your 8 -11 year old with our experienced teaching team at our Education Centre in the heart of Hyde Park for a fun filled day of guided outdoor games and activities.
Your intrepid explorer will:
- Discover the magic of nature in our private wildlife garden
- Take photos of the amazing nature in the park
- Use digital microphones to record wildlife sounds and practice their narrator skills by recording themselves
- Share their favourite photos with their new found friends and then take them
- Be awarded a 'Nature Explorers Club' badge and passport
Discover a hair-raising Halloween
Why not dress up as a ghoulish ghost or wicked witch and join us for a hair-raising Halloween? You can drop in any time between 11am and 3pm to take part in one of our free and exciting Halloween themed activities, including:
- Daring to explore our ‘feely boxes’ in the witch’s den
- Exploring our hair-raising nature trail, uncovering and discovering fascinating facts
- Creating a magical potion using herbs and plants from the garden
- Making your very own bat mask or drawing your very own mini monster
- Building a bat box to take home