On Sunday 4 August, all roads in Richmond Park will be closed for the RideLondon event.
The route will enter Richmond Park at Sheen Gate and pass Richmond Gate roundabout before leaving via Kingston Gate. 20,000 cyclists will pass through Richmond Park between 6:30am and 10:00am.
150 of the world's best will race through the park at approximately 1:20pm.
Access to Richmond Park on the day
For the safety of park users and competitors the following restrictions will be in place:
- Richmond Park will be closed to vehicles all day
- Cycling will not be possible on the event route
- Dogs must be kept on leads and horse riding will not be possible
- Cyclist will have to walk in some areas
- Crossing the event route will only be possible at specified points and at limited times (especially when the 20,000 cyclist are passing).
- Expect congestion at pedestrian gates, on the race route and at key viewing places - please be patient
- Please be aware that your normal walking route across the park grassland may be closed to public access to protect sensitive habitats from crowd pressures
- Please respect the crowd barriers, notices and instructions from the event stewards and please note that climbing, camping and barbecues or fires are not permitted.