What can be more magical than a horse carriage ride in beautiful Richmond Park?
This winter, we’ve teamed up with Operation Centaur to bring you a six-person Park Brake drawn by our majestic Shire Horses, allowing you to experience Richmond Park like never before. Enjoy the sounds of hoofs and bells, revel in the crisp air and watch the wildlife up close while you snuggle under a blanket … and have some sloe gin and a mince pie to truly get into the festive spirit!
The 90-minute experience begins at Holly Lodge, Richmond Park, where you'll be met with refreshments. You will take your place in the carriage embarking on a 60 minute ride through the park in all its winter beauty! You'll also be treated to a unique behind-the-scenes visit of the working stables.
The rides take place from Wednesday 27 to Saturday 30 December. There are two rides per day: one at 12.00pm and one at 1.00pm. Please ensure you book the correct time and day.
Proceeds from the horse drawn rides will help fund sustainable conservation initiatives with the working Shire horses in The Royal Parks.
Important booking information:
- The purchase of one £125 ticket admits two people on the ride.
- The cost for exclusive use of the whole carriage is £375 - please purchase three pairs of tickets if you wish to have the whole carriage to yourselves.
- Children aged 8+ are welcome, accompanied by adults on a 1-2-1 ratio.
- Ticket price includes tea/refreshments before the ride.
- We operate in all-weather unless the Park issues a safety warning so please check the weather before you come and dress appropriately.
- We regret that because this is a traditional vehicle we cannot accommodate wheelchair users.