The Royal Parks is responsible for managing and preserving over 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London, including valuable conservation areas and important habitats for wildlife.
The Royal Parks are:
We are also responsible for a number of other spaces in London including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, the gardens of 10, 11 and 12 Downing Street, and Grosvenor Square Garden.
Our Corporate Objectives
The corporate objectives and key performance targets for The Royal Parks in 2016/17 are:
- To conserve and enhance sustainably, for the enjoyment of this and future generations, our world class natural and built historic environment and our biodiversity.
- To engage with our visitors, stakeholders and partner organisations and understand their views.
- To manage the parks efficiently and secure investment in the parks' assets and services through an appropriate combination of government funding, commercial income and philanthropy.
- To be a centre of professional excellence where people want to work.
Key Performance Targets
- Complete preparations to enable a timely transfer of The Royal Parks activities to a new organisation.
- Maintain Green Flag status for all eight Royal Parks.
- Generate £23 million of income by the end of March 2017.