British Summer Time in Hyde Park
Hyde Park

Commercial & licences

With over 5,000 acres of open green space in the heart of the capital, London’s Royal Parks make a great location for many commercial activities, from sole traders to larger organisations.

If you want to use any of the Royal Parks as a location for your business activities, you must apply for a licence.

Supporting local businesses and creating opportunity

We want to support local business activities in the Royal Parks as much as possible, while protecting the parks and their wildlife, and park users. So you must apply for a commercial licence or permit, and pay a fee for your planned activity or event

We give every application careful consideration and balance the needs of all our users and the special natural environments of the parks. 

What kinds of commercial activity can take place in a Royal Park? 

Whether you’re a professional dog walker, a fitness trainer, or would like to stage your wedding photos against a beautiful natural backdrop, a Royal Park can make the perfect setting for business, as well as pleasure. We invite applications for licences from businesses as wide ranging as commercial dog walking companies, fitness trainers, and from individuals planning wedding or lifestyle photography

Catering licences for the Royal Parks 

Providing high quality food and drink is very important to us, as part of our commitment to welcoming visitors. We grant licences to suitable catering companies who must then operate their café, restaurant or kiosk sustainably. Find out about the licencing process here, or visit our Procurement page to see what opportunities and tenders are currently available. 

We follow UK procurement law, acquiring goods, works and services by competition wherever possible. 

What licence do I need to hold an event in a Royal Park?

From sponsored walks or fundraising picnics to major live concerts and sports events, we can host a wide range of appropriate live events in a Royal Park. We licence hundreds of smaller gatherings, and issue contracts for as many as 30 larger events each year. You must submit an application form and pay a fee, regardless of the size of your event.  

You’ll find all the application forms, terms and conditions and codes of conduct for commercial activity here in this section of the website.

  • Hyde Park drone photograph

    Filming & photography

    Capture breathtaking scenery with filming and photography commercial licenses at The Royal Parks. Find out more.

  • Taste of London in The Regent's Park

    Holding a Commercial Event

    All events held in the parks must be approved by The Royal Parks. Events are carefully considered to provide a range of recreational opportunities

  • The Waterside Café in The Regent's Park & Primrose Hill


    The Royal Parks offers a wide variety of quality refreshments for visitors. We grant licences for companies to run catering outlets in the Royal Parks.

  • Drone photo of Richmond Park


    Find out about our process for procuring goods, services and works in the parks and view our current tenders.

  • Woman walking several dogs in the park

    Commercial dog walking licences

    If you wish to use the parks for commercial dog walking purposes you must be licensed. Find out more.

  • Runners in St. James's Park in spring

    Fitness training licences

    A Fitness Training Licence is required if you are looking to conduct your business of fitness training or sport activity in The Royal Parks.

  • The Royal Parks shop


    With seasonally curated collections for home, garden and gifting, our shop offers the best in sustainable and unique items – perfect mementos of your visit