The Management Plans are the principal strategic documents for the management of the Royal Parks. They are used in combination with other policy and strategy documents to assist Park Managers in the management of these Grade 1 listed landscapes.
A Landscape Management Plan and an Operations Plan is produced for each park.
The Plans are submitted as part of the Green Flag and Green Heritage Awards to Keep Britain Tidy.
Landscape Management Plans
The Landscape Management Plans set out the strategic and historical context for each park, and describe the natural fabric and landscape of the different character areas. The significance of each element is assessed and informs the development of policies to guide its future management. These ten year plans provide a vision for the next one hundred years and are reviewed at key points with a major review every 10 years.
The management plans set out the guiding policies for conservation, the natural and built fabric, public access and enjoyment and specific policies relating to each character area. They also set out the process for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the plans.
- Hyde Park Landscape Management Plan (9.45MB)
- The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill Management Plan (4.20MB)
- St James and Green Park Management Plan (7.00MB)
- Richmond Park Management Plan (6.27MB)
- Kensington Gardens Management Plan (4.90MB)
- Greenwich Park Management Plan (4.33MB)
- Bushy Park Management Plan (4.54MB)
The Operations Plans
The Operations Plans are the working documents for the management of the parks. The development of these plans is guided by the Landscape Management Plan, the Corporate Plan, and the annual Business Plan. The Operations Plans set out in detail the management and maintenance arrangements for each park and show how the policies set out in the Landscape Management Plans will be delivered.
The Operations Plans are updated annually to respond to changing priorities set out in the Corporate Plan, emerging Policies and Strategies, opportunities and constraints set out in the business plan, feedback from the visitor survey and comments from the Green Flag judges.
- St. James's and Green Park Operations Plan 2015 (PDF 3684.98 KB)
- Richmond Park Operations Plan 2016 (PDF 4361.34 KB)
- Regents Park and Primrose Hill Operations Plan 2016 (PDF 3627.1 KB)
- Kensington Gardens Operations Plan 2017-18 (PDF 6544.26 KB)
- Greenwich Park Operations Plan 2015 (PDF 3411.17 KB)
- Bushy Park Operations Plan 2015 (PDF 3908.83 KB)
- Hyde Park Operations Plan 2016 (PDF 2409.58 KB)