This work will have an impact on contractors, suppliers, staff and visitors travelling to St James's Park, Green Park, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens by road. Please alert anybody who you feel may be affected by the forthcoming disruption.
Here is an overview of the works:
- The works will run from 9pm on Sunday 11 August to 9 November 2019.
- Westminster Bridge will be closed to westbound traffic, with the closest alternative river crossings being Waterloo Bridge to the north and Lambeth Bridge and Vauxhall Bridge to the south.
- Bridge Street will be closed in both directions.
- Licensed taxis (not private hire vehicles), buses and cyclists, will continue to have access over Westminster Bridge westbound while the highway works take place.
- Dedicated segregated cycle lanes will be provided over Westminster Bridge and on Bridge Street throughout the works.
Once completed, the new gates will be used when events are taking place. Westminster City Council will also replace the current temporary barriers along Bridge Street with new bollards and York stone paving.
For the latest information and updates on this project please visit Transport for London.