Discover the hidden secrets of London’s historic green spaces on a Royal Parks walking tour.
From an underground river running beneath Hyde Park, to a hidden hollow tree in Kensington Gardens known to be the annual nesting site of tawny owls, there is so much to discover! Our monthly walking tours let you experience the Royal Parks from a whole new perspective - you'll learn more, see more, discover more and experience more than you ever thought possible.
Join us as day breaks to experience the joy of being surrounded by the dawn chorus or come and meet Hyde Park’s native bats during a wonderful chance to walk in the park at night. If history is more your thing, discover the important role that Hyde Park played in the World Wars or visit the site that inspired J.M. Barrie to write the famous Peter Pan stories.
Our walking tours last from one to two hours, covering approximately 1.5 miles, with plenty of time to stop and take in the beautiful surroundings of London’s magical Royal Parks.
Upcoming walking tours
- Family Bat Walk - Thursday 16 August
- Peter Pan Walk - Tuesday 20 August
- Bat Walk - Thursday 22 august
- Horses in Hyde Park - Saturday 24 August
- Albert Memorial Tour - Tuesday 27 August
- Albert, Prince Consort - Saturday 31 August
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 30 August
- Bat Walk - Thursday 5 September
- A Royal Ramble - Saturday 14 September
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 27 September
- Autumn Trees in Colour - Saturday 5 October
- Hidden Stories of St Hyde Park - Friday 11 October
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 25 October
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 29 November
Walks and other activities for adults take place every month. Please check our upcoming events page for our full listings.
What other walkers say
“I loved the interesting pieces of information on how trees/the environment have adapted and the relationships of the insect and bird species.”
“I enjoyed all of it! The fascinating information about Peter Pan and J.M. Barrie.”