Discover the hidden secrets of London’s historic green spaces on a Royal Parks walking tour.
From an underground river running beneath Hyde Park, to a hidden hollow tree in Kensington Gardens known to be the annual nesting site of tawny owls, there is so much to discover! Our monthly walking tours let you experience the Royal Parks from a whole new perspective - you'll learn more, see more, discover more and experience more than you ever thought possible.
Join us as day breaks to experience the joy of being surrounded by the dawn chorus or come and meet Hyde Park’s native bats during a wonderful chance to walk in the park at night. If history is more your thing, discover the important role that Hyde Park played in the World Wars or visit the site that inspired J.M. Barrie to write the famous Peter Pan stories.
Our walking tours last from one to two hours, covering approximately 1.5 miles, with plenty of time to stop and take in the beautiful surroundings of London’s magical Royal Parks.
Upcoming walking tours
- The Secret Pet Cemetery of Hyde Park - Saturday 9 February
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 22 February
- Protest and Power - Saturday 9 March
- Mystical Trees - Saturday 23 March
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 29 March
- Bat Walk - Friday 26 April
- Hidden Stories of St James's Park - Friday 26 April
- Dawn Chorus - Saturday 27 April
Walks and other activities for adults take place every month. Please check our upcoming events page for our full listings.
What other walkers say
“I loved the interesting pieces of information on how trees/the environment have adapted and the relationships of the insect and bird species.”
“I enjoyed all of it! The fascinating information about Peter Pan and J.M. Barrie.”