Queen Caroline’s Temple

Queen Caroline's Temple is a classical style summer house overlooking the Long Water, east of Lancaster Walk.


It was designed for Queen Caroline, for whom the Long Water was created, in 1734-5 and is attributed to William Kent.

Some of the graffiti inside the temple dates back to 1821 when the park was first open every day to visitors.

It was converted into a park keeper's home, but restored in 1976.