How our works may affect you
The closure of Hyde Park southbound at Victoria Gate will commence from Sunday 23 September from 00:01 hrs. Remedial works will take place from Monday 24 September until Thursday 4 October. Resurfacing works will take place afterwards from Thursday 4 October until 7 October. These times and dates have been agreed with The Royal Parks and consulted with Westminster City Council.
During these works we will need to make temporary changes to the road network:
- 23 Sept (00:01 – 08:00) Hyde Park will be closed at Victoria Gate at its junction with Bayswater Road (Southbound only) The cycle track will remain open during the works. Advanced signs and diversion routes will be in place.
- 24 Sept – 27 Sept (08:00 – 18:00) - West Carriage Drive – Opposite Mount Gate - Remedial Works to islands
- 27 Sept – 30 Sept (08:00 – 18:00) - West Carriage Drive – Serpentine Bridge – Opposite Serpentine Sackler Gallery - Repairs to frames & Covers on the carriageway
- 1 Oct – 4 Oct (08:00 – 18:00) - West Carriage Drive – opposite Triangle Car Park - Drainage Works
- 4 Oct – 7 Oct (21:00 – 05:00) - West Carriage Drive – Resurfacing & Road Marking Works
The contacts for the works are:-
- Dani Dobie – 07736-649-805 (FM Conway’s – Works Supervisor)
- Danny Bene - 07917-518-525 (FM Conway’s – LoHac Supervisor)
- Peter Claridge – 07880-482-879 (FM Conway’s – Construction Manager)
- Paul Byrne – 07973-371-383 (TfL – Construction Manager)
- Paul Tucker – 07740-400-923 (TfL – Project Manager)
- David Wong – 07714-746-359 (TfL Assistant Project Manager)
We will make every effort to complete the works on time, although poor weather conditions and factors outside of our control may mean we may need to reschedule work phases.
- Visit https://tfl.gov.uk/traffic/status/ or follow @TfLTrafficNews on Twitter for live road travel updates.
Footpaths and pedestrian crossings will remain open wherever possible, although some temporary closures or diversions may apply. These will be signed and pedestrian access to properties will not be affected.
Find out more
This work forms part of our programme to build a safer, more reliable road network across London. Visit tfl.gov.uk/roads for more information.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we complete these improvements. Should you have any questions or concerns about the works, please contact us.