Why Volunteer with us?
Volunteers support our work in many ways and we could not keep London’s vital green spaces as amazing as they are without them. We are incredibly grateful for the 11 thousand hours they spend in our parks each year, thanks to them we have:
- managed meadows
- improved woodlands
- cleared invasive species
- enhanced waterbodies
- maintained our amazing formal gardens
- planted thousands of bulbs for spring pollinators
- inspired over 7000 children each year
- cheered on those in our sporting events
- offered information and welcome to thousands of visitors
- mapped vital invertebrate habitats
- surveyed a whole range of species
- helped support an endangered population of hedgehogs
- discovered prehistoric tools
- and picked thousands of tonnes of litter
Volunteering has clear benefits for the parks, but it also helps you to give something back to these amazing spaces, connect with a new community and meet people, develop new skills and make use of existing experience, learn more about the parks’ heritage and wildlife, and enhance your physical and mental wellbeing all whilst being surrounded by some awesome nature.
We value all our volunteers and have our commitment outlined in our Volunteer Strategy. This is an exciting time to be part of The Royal Parks and in return for your time we will offer a high quality, impactful and memorable volunteering experience! You can also read our current Volunteer Policy for more detailed information about volunteering.
How to get involved
If you’re interested in joining our team of volunteers please check out the information about our opportunities and find which works best for you, then please submit an enquiry via the form below.
You can also drop us an email to find out more via firstname.lastname@example.org