Bushy Park is temporarily closed to vehicular traffic. Currently it is not possible to drive through or park in Bushy Park.
Car parks at our inner parks (Hyde and Regent's) have now reopened, but car parks at our outer parks (Bushy, Richmond and Greenwich) remain closed* for the time being. Please follow the Government's guidance on transport by walking or cycling to the parks and, wherever possible, stick to your local green space.
* Exceptions are:
- Blue Badge holders visiting Richmond Park, who can access car parking facilities at Sheen Gate car park from 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Sunday. Stewards will admit them on presentation of their Blue Badge. Within the Royal Parks, Blue Badge holders can park for up to four hours free of charge. It is an offence to park anywhere outside of designated car parking facilities.
- NHS staff working at Kingston Hospital only may park at Kingston Gate car park in Richmond Park. NHS staff requiring a permit should contact Kingston Hospital personnel department directly. Access is via Kingston Gate only.
Pedestrian gates in Bushy Park are open 24 hours, except during the deer cull* (September and November) when pedestrian gates open at 8:00am and close at dusk, Monday - Friday.
*Please refer to latest news in the lead up to September and November for further detail on the planned start/end dates of the deer cull.
Getting to Bushy Park
Bushy Park is accessible by train and bus. The postcode for electronic device users is TW11 0EQ, but note this is for guidance only as the park covers a large area. Parking and disabled parking available.
From Waterloo to Teddington/Hampton Wick/Hampton Court - 5 to 10 minute walk, entering the park through the Sandy Lane Gates.
- 111 Kingston - Heathrow
- 216 Kingston - Staines
- 411 Kingston - West Molsey
- 481 Kingston - West Middlesex Hospital
- X26 Express service Heathrow - Croydon
- R68 Hampton Court - Richmond
Hampton Court Gate off Hampton Court Road and Teddington Gate off Sandy Lane.
There are four car parks within Bushy Park and these are clearly marked on the Bushy Park map.
Please note that every Saturday between 9:00 am and 11:00 am the car parks are likely to be extremely busy as the park is the venue for a recurring sporting event. In addition on the first Sunday of every month a further sporting event takes place between 11:00 am and 12:30 pm. Once again the car parks are likely to be extremely busy.
Alternatively you can use Clapperstile car park - accessible from Queens Road, Teddington - and then enter Bushy Park on foot via Clapperstile Gate.
Remember, do not park on the roads or grassland.
There are blue badge car parking locations shown on the Bushy Park map.