You can read the suggested amendments in full here. They include:
- Introduction of a 20mph speed limit for motor vehicles in Hyde Park, The Regent’s Park, St James’s Park and The Green Park.
- Increase in parking charges in all public car parks in Hyde Park, The Regent’s Park and Greenwich Park.
- Introduction of ticketless and cashless payments for car parking.
- Minor drafting amendments to clarify the intention of existing regulations, including making it explicit that drones are prohibited outside designated areas in the Royal Parks without written permission, and that barbeques and fireworks are not allowed to be lit in the Royal Parks without written permission.
You can give your feedback in two ways:
- By emailing: email@example.com
- By writing to: Consultation - Regulations Review, The Royal Parks, The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London, W2 2UH
Managing the Royal Parks is about balancing the needs of different users, preserving the environment and protecting wildlife. The Royal Parks Regulations set out a code of behaviour for the park environment, helping to ensure that they can be enjoyed by everyone. You can find out more about our regulations here.
The deadline for comments is Thursday 12 April 2018. The Royal Parks will review all comments received before taking any next steps. Any change to The Royal Parks Regulations requires Parliamentary consent and will be subject to the pressures of the Parliamentary timetable.
Thank you in advance for your feedback, which will help us to ensure that we protect and preserve our 5,000 acres of historic parkland and provide an enjoyable experience for the millions of people who visit the Royal Parks each year.