Erected in 1891, the same year as the park's only surviving Victorian granite drinking fountain, this Grade II listed structure is located on the south-east side of Great Cross Avenue. The field surrounding it is known as Bandstand Field.
The metal was cast by the Coalbrookdale Company, famous for its decorative ironwork. 40 years before, the company exhibited the Coalbrookdale Gates (now in Kensington Gardens) at the Great Exhibition. The iron bandstand in Montpellier Gardens, Cheltenham, was also cast at Coalbrookdale and erected in 1864 - making it the country's oldest surviving iron bandstand.
This bandstand is used today as a traditional meeting point for leisure activities and sponsored events.
Please visit our What's On calendar to see if any performances are scheduled.