Greenwich Park is open from 6:00 am for pedestrians and 7:00 am for traffic all year round.
|Month|| Opening times |
|January||6:00 am||6:00 pm|
|February||6:00 am||6:00 pm|
7:00 pm |
(8:00 pm from start of British Summer Time)
|April||6:00 am||8:00 pm|
|May||6:00 am||9:00 pm|
|June||6:00 am||9:30 pm|
|July||6:00 am||9:30 pm|
|August||6:00 am||9:00 pm|
|September||6:00 am||8:00 pm|
7:00 pm |
(6:00 pm from the end of British Summer Time)
|November||6:00 am||6:00 pm|
|December||6:00 am||6:00 pm|
Greenwich Park opens at 7:00 am to vehicles, but there is no through traffic from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm each day and the park is closed to through traffic at weekends and bank holidays.
Parking facilities at weekends and bank holidays are available via Blackheath Gate.
Getting to Greenwich Park
Greenwich Park is well-served by bus routes and is within walking distance of Blackheath, Greenwich and Maze Hill railway stations.
Postcode for electronic device users is SE10 8QY, but note this is for guidance only as the park covers a large area.
- North Greenwich (Jubilee Line) - then catch the 188 bus to Greenwich Park gate.
Connecting trains depart from Cannon Street, Waterloo, London Bridge and Charing Cross and go to Greenwich, Maze Hill and Blackheath.
By Dockland Light Railway (DLR)
- Cutty Sark station - walk through the market and you will reach St Mary's Gate and the Circus Gates of the park.
- Greenwich station - follow the signs to the park.
- 53 Trafalgar Square - Plumstead
- 54 Woolwich - Elmers End
- 177 Thamesmead - Peckham
- 180 Thamesmead - Lewisham
- 188 North Greenwich - Russel Square
- 199 Canada Water - Catford
- 202 Crystal Palace - Blackheath
- 286 Greenwich - Sidcup
- 380 Lewisham - Woolwich
- 386 Greenwich - Woolwich
You can take riverboats to Greenwich Pier from Westminster, Embankment or Tower Piers.