Richmond Park is temporarily closed to vehicular traffic. Currently it is not possible to drive through or park in Richmond Park.
Car parks at our inner parks (Hyde and Regent's) have now reopened, but car parks at our outer parks (Bushy, Richmond and Greenwich) remain closed* for the time being. Please follow the Government's guidance on transport by walking or cycling to the parks and, wherever possible, stick to your local green space.
* Exceptions are:
- Blue Badge holders visiting Richmond Park, who can access car parking facilities at Sheen Gate car park from 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Sunday. Stewards will admit them on presentation of their Blue Badge. Within the Royal Parks, Blue Badge holders can park for up to four hours free of charge. It is an offence to park anywhere outside of designated car parking facilities.
- NHS staff working at Kingston Hospital only may park at Kingston Gate car park in Richmond Park. NHS staff requiring a permit should contact Kingston Hospital personnel department directly. Access is via Kingston Gate only.
Pedestrian gates are open 24 hours except during the deer cull in November and February. During these months, pedestrian gates open at 7:30 am and close at 8:00 pm.
Getting to Richmond Park
Richmond Park is accessible by public transport. Plan your journey using public transport by visiting the Transport for London website.
If you are using a mobile GPS device, the postcode for the park is TW10 5HS - this is for guidance only as the park covers a large area.
By Tube / Train
Richmond Station - National Rail or District Line (and then catch the 371 or 65 buses to the pedestrian gate at Petersham)
- 190 Hammersmith - Richmond
- 391 Hammersmith - Richmond
- 419 Hammersmith - Richmond
- R68 Bushy Park and Richmond
- 33 Hammersmith - Richmond
- 337 Richmond - Clapham Junction
- 485 Richmond - Wandsworth
- 85/N85 Putney - Kingston
- 265 Putney - Tolworth
- K3 Roehampton Plough - Esher
- 72 Roehampton - East Acton
- 493 Richmond - Tooting
- 65 Kingston - Ealing Broadway
- 371 Kingston - Richmond