The marble Boy and Dolphin Fountain was made in 1862 by Alexander Munro, a friend of the Alice in Wonderland author, Lewis Carroll. The fountain is located in Hyde Park's Rose Garden.
There is a small metal plaque on a post nearby explaining the fountain's history.
It originally stood in a Victorian sunken garden that was demolished when Park Lane was widened – which is now the site of the Joy of Life fountain. The fountain moved to The Regent's Park in 1962 and returned to Hyde Park in 1995.