The park is open from 6am to dusk all year round. View the closing times for the year.
The park office is open daily from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding weekends).
If you find yourself in the park after the gates are closed, there are turnstile gates located at Temple Gate, Black Lion Gate, Orme Square Gate, Palace Gate and Marlborough Gate (view park map) which will allow you to exit the park.
Kensington Gardens is readily accessible by public transport. There are a number of tube stations and bus stops that surround the park.
Postcode for electronic device users is W2 2UH, but note this is for guidance only as the gardens cover a large area
Parking is available for disabled drivers at Queen's Gate or along West Carriage Drive in the designated bays.
The tube stations that surround Kensington Gardens are:
- Lancaster Gate & Queensway (Central Line)
- Bayswater (District Line)
- High Street Kensington (Circle and District Lines)
- 9 Aldwych - Hammersmith
- 10 Hammersmith - Kings Cross
- 27 Chalk Farm -Turnham Green
- 28 Harrow Road (Prince of Wales) - Wandsworth
- 31 Notting Hill Gate - Camden Town
- 49 Shepherd's Bush - Wandsworth
- 52 Victoria - Willesden
- 70 South Kensington - Acton
- 94 Piccadilly Circus- Acton Green
- 148 Victoria - Shepherd's Bush
- 274 Angel Islington - Lancaster Gate
- 360 Elephant and Castle - Royal Albert Hall
- 390 Notting Hill Gate - Archway